Monday, August 27, 2012

Book Reading Party

Joseph and the Tamanawis Spirit, book reading party went well. Each day was special with so many feelings revealed from audience, Melissa and I. It was so nice; we opened with prayer each day, thanks to Pastor James Kallappa. Helen Jim read from, Joseph and the Tamanawis Spirit, for me; reading with such superiority. I was unsure how the Makah Tribe would take to me, writing a book. Well, so many of our ELDERS said, “Dawn, I’m PROUD of you for having the courage to write. We have had so many bad books written of the Makah People. And well it’s nice to have one written by a Native person who has lived amongst the Makah People. Maybe this will expose some truth of how we Makah Indians really live.” My book is a fictional story with some true lifestyle shared within (family dinners, football game, deer hunt, and the proud Makah Heritage). And YES it’s true; we as native people sure know how to have fun and live good lives.
I’m sad about the sales but I’ll just have to work hard on getting more sold; to different reservations. It well all workout; I’m sure. Our audience was small; due to it being Makah Days and so much going on.
Special thank you list:
Melissa
Helen
Monica
Misty
Lori
Rose
Pete
Raul and family
Makah Museum -Janine
Michael J. Lawrence
Sonya
Stacee Jo
Patty
Pastor James
Andrea
June Williams
Sue
Verna - for her kind words
Brian
Joey
Michael
Anthony
Dennis Allen (DAD) for making the Cedar Box that we gave as a gift - Sally Parker won!
THANKS TO YOU ALL THAT MADE A BOOK PURCHASE - JOSEPH AND THE TAMANAWIS SPIRIT
HOPE YOU ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Randy was also very helpful. Thank you son for telling your friends to, "Come buy my mom's book." Also Randy was so helpful setting up the tent and chairs at Museum.
    ~Dawn~

    ReplyDelete