Monday, July 2, 2012

First Reading - good experience.

A good crowd turned out at Mike and Andrea Alexander’s home for the, “Green Tee Golf Fundraiser.”
My first actual book reading went well. I was a guest at this dinner and promoted three different businesses/organizations that I’m a part of; Chamber of Commerce, Big Salmon Fishing Resort, and author of, “Joseph and the Tamanawis Spirit.” It was good practice for me; I did well up until it was my turn to read from my book. I’ve always had a fear of reading in front of people. But after a young man from Neah Bay gave me a pat on the back for support the words came out. But it was good to have so many people ask me when the book will be ready to purchase. I hope by the end of July or early August the book will be on the bookshelf ready to sell.
My son Michael helped me by handing out business card. This really helped because the people had been looking at him and not at me. My dad was there and that made a big difference in my courage, I wanted to make him proud. Two of my nieces brought over food and their husbands cooked fish on a stick. Melissa Peterson-Renault read from her book, she should have them both ready to sell soon as well.
ALL IN ALL -- it was good experience, I’m happy I took part.

No comments:

Post a Comment