Sunday, March 17, 2013

Shoalwater Bay

I was honored; to have my husband Joey and my son Anthony accompany me to Shoalwater Bay. Thank you to my Brother-In-Law and councilman Michael J. Lawrence for allowing us to borrow his Indian Song! Anthony danced and Joey and I sang, it was hard but we did okay.

I met a wonderful lady named Linda R. Rose. I left feeling as if I met a new friend. Linda you are a great host and I truly appreciate all that you did to make the reading a success. Take care.

Also I had one tribal leader attend my reading his name is Tom G. Anderson. Thank you, it was nice to have met you and the young lady who came with you. I was proud that she asked me about Makah Whaling. Young people don't know it but they truly can lead us adults. The young lady was about 15 or 16 years of age. She said, "Her class was being taught about the Makah whaling." I hope that her school teacher shares both sides of the story.

Linda R. Rose also informed me that I should be paid to do book reading parties. So I'm going to take her advice and start charging for my services. Thank you Linda for the kind words, "You have a great story to share. And YES you should be paid for your services."

~Dawn~

No comments:

Post a Comment